Historic pub in idyllic village set to go under the hammer at auction
- Credit: Auction House East Anglia
An historic country pub located in an idyllic Suffolk village is set to go under the hammer.
The Plough Inn in Hundon, near Clare, is up for auction with a guide price of £595,000 plus fees.
The pub also benefits from seven letting rooms and a private flat, but is in need of modernisation.
According to Suffolk CAMRA, The Plough Inn is described as a "great place" for eating and drinking with regular quizzes, steak and fish night and other special events.
Inside the pub on the ground floor there are two main bars and two dining areas which has room for more than 100 covers.
On the first floor you will find the letting rooms and private flat.
Auction House East Anglia described the pub as an "exceptional investment opportunity" to acquire a trading public house with ensuite letting rooms.
- 1 Plans for new gym on Bury industrial estate given go-ahead
- 2 Large stone thrown through car window in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 4 High-flying street food restaurant returns to Suffolk for kitchen takeover
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 6 Spate of arson attacks in west Suffolk town
- 7 Man accused of attempted murder at hotel to face trial next year
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Suffolk's Covid rate trebles as experts warn virus 'hasn't gone away'
- 10 Delays in west Suffolk town after faulty barrier at railway crossing
The pub also benefits from a terrace to the front and the rear, a large beer garden at the back and ample parking.
The historic pub will be auctioned with Auction House East Anglia on Wednesday, June 15.