Were you taught by Sir Bobby Charlton or Trevor Whymark at soccer schools?
- Credit: Archant
Did you take part in soccer schools in Ipswich and around Suffolk in the 1970s and 1980s?
With football having captured the public imagination due to England's inspiring run during the Euros, today we are looking back at some football events in the area.
The photos featured here include a session at Thurleston High School in Ipswich led by Sir Bobby Charlton in 1985.
The England legend, who played an essential role in the winning World Cup team of 1966, brought his Bobby Charlton Soccer School to Ipswich.
He led the event himself, working with dozens of youngsters on the playing field at the school, which is now Ormiston Endeavour Academy.
Also featured in our gallery are soccer schools led by Ipswich Town stars Trevor Whymark and Mick McNeil, who both also appeared for England.
If you would like to order photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Driver fails to stop at crash as cyclist left with broken elbow in Bury
- 2 Three suspected cases of Omicron at Bury St Edmunds schools
- 3 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 4 New project will provide thousands of homes across Suffolk
- 5 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 'Hold his hands up and apologise' — Suffolk MPs on Christmas party video
- 8 Woman highlights 'price tag' of cancer diagnosis
- 9 Don't take ministers' advice - you should decide what is safe for yourself
- 10 Man who downloaded indecent child images breached suspended jail sentence