Were you taught by Sir Bobby Charlton or Trevor Whymark at soccer schools?
- Credit: Archant
Did you take part in soccer schools in Ipswich and around Suffolk in the 1970s and 1980s?
With football having captured the public imagination due to England's inspiring run during the Euros, today we are looking back at some football events in the area.
The photos featured here include a session at Thurleston High School in Ipswich led by Sir Bobby Charlton in 1985.
The England legend, who played an essential role in the winning World Cup team of 1966, brought his Bobby Charlton Soccer School to Ipswich.
He led the event himself, working with dozens of youngsters on the playing field at the school, which is now Ormiston Endeavour Academy.
Also featured in our gallery are soccer schools led by Ipswich Town stars Trevor Whymark and Mick McNeil, who both also appeared for England.
If you would like to order photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Couple sentenced for Boxing Day melee in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Three teenagers arrested after suspected shoplifting in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Van driver throws drugs out of window before arrest
- 4 Met Office issues yellow weather warning for strong winds across Suffolk
- 5 Rise in the number of people admitted to Suffolk hospitals with Covid-19
- 6 Three arrested following vehicle theft and shop offences in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Talking points: Why the Witches simply must win tonight
- 8 West Suffolk Hospital chief to step down ahead of 'witch-hunt' report
- 9 Seven of the best places to get ice cream in Suffolk
- 10 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock