Taking the plunge - memories of charity swims around the area
- Credit: Archant
Have you got in the swim for charity over the years?
Today we're looking aback at swims for good causes around the region, from the 1970s through to the 2000s.
Our nostalgia photos include events featuring military and firefighters - complete with helmets!
There are also many other events featured here where you could spot some familiar faces.
Do any of these photos bring back memories for you?
You may also want to watch:
Swimming pools were of course closed for many months during the pandemic.
But they have now reopened and there are plans for more sponsored swims including the Great East Swim, which is due to be held at Alton Water in September after being postponed from June.
If you would like to order photos from this gallery, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Couple sentenced for Boxing Day melee in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Three teenagers arrested after suspected shoplifting in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Van driver throws drugs out of window before arrest
- 4 Met Office issues yellow weather warning for strong winds across Suffolk
- 5 Rise in the number of people admitted to Suffolk hospitals with Covid-19
- 6 Three arrested following vehicle theft and shop offences in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Talking points: Why the Witches simply must win tonight
- 8 West Suffolk Hospital chief to step down ahead of 'witch-hunt' report
- 9 Seven of the best places to get ice cream in Suffolk
- 10 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock