Taking the plunge - memories of charity swims around the area
- Credit: Archant
Have you got in the swim for charity over the years?
Today we're looking aback at swims for good causes around the region, from the 1970s through to the 2000s.
Our nostalgia photos include events featuring military and firefighters - complete with helmets!
There are also many other events featured here where you could spot some familiar faces.
Do any of these photos bring back memories for you?
Swimming pools were of course closed for many months during the pandemic.
But they have now reopened and there are plans for more sponsored swims including the Great East Swim, which is due to be held at Alton Water in September after being postponed from June.
If you would like to order photos from this gallery, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Driver fails to stop at crash as cyclist left with broken elbow in Bury
- 2 Three suspected cases of Omicron at Bury St Edmunds schools
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 New project will provide thousands of homes across Suffolk
- 5 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 6 Woman highlights 'price tag' of cancer diagnosis
- 7 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 8 'Hold his hands up and apologise' — Suffolk MPs on Christmas party video
- 9 Husband and wife brewing team 'amazed' to win their first beer award
- 10 Man who downloaded indecent child images breached suspended jail sentence