Can you spot yourself in these netball photos from the 1970s and 80s?
- Credit: Archant
Did you play netball in Ipswich or around Suffolk during the 1970s and 80s?
Or were you one of the parents and supporters cheering from the sidelines?
If either applies, you might spot a few familiar faces in today's Days Gone By gallery.
For many girls, netball lessons were a highpoint of their schooldays - but others will remember being the last one to be chosen for teams, and struggling to get a touch of the ball.
Netball started out as an adaptation of basketball, and was first played in the UK in 1895.
It became an increasingly popular women's sport from the early 20th century onwards, and it has been estimated that more than 280,000 people took part in netball in the UK during 2020.
The game was recognised by the International Olympic Committee in 1995, but hasn't actually been included in the Olympic Games as yet.
- 1 New cafe at popular Suffolk beauty spot
- 2 Estate agents hail idea of extension to stamp duty cut as 'shot in the arm'
- 3 Elderly man jailed for historic sex crimes against young girls
- 4 West Suffolk council tax plans for 2021 confirmed
- 5 Hospital patients given new entertainment services
- 6 Warning for future of nightclubs as pandemic takes its toll in Suffolk
- 7 Suffolk bakery continues 152-year hot cross bun tradition
- 8 Plans submitted for 30 bedroom hotel in centre of Suffolk town
- 9 Five-pronged plan for Suffolk Covid recovery to be published in June
- 10 Parkruns in Suffolk set to return on June 5
If these photos bring back memories, email email@example.com
To order photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.