Can you spot yourself in these netball photos from the 1970s and 80s?
- Credit: Archant
Did you play netball in Ipswich or around Suffolk during the 1970s and 80s?
Or were you one of the parents and supporters cheering from the sidelines?
If either applies, you might spot a few familiar faces in today's Days Gone By gallery.
For many girls, netball lessons were a highpoint of their schooldays - but others will remember being the last one to be chosen for teams, and struggling to get a touch of the ball.
Netball started out as an adaptation of basketball, and was first played in the UK in 1895.
It became an increasingly popular women's sport from the early 20th century onwards, and it has been estimated that more than 280,000 people took part in netball in the UK during 2020.
The game was recognised by the International Olympic Committee in 1995, but hasn't actually been included in the Olympic Games as yet.
- 1 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 2 Suspected drug dealer arrested on 18th birthday
- 3 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 4 London man, 29, charged with drug offences in Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Police hunt for man who failed to attend court
- 6 Thieves steal mobility scooter from elderly man in his 90s
- 7 Election 2021: All you need to know about Police and Crime Commissioner polls
- 8 1 in 3 have now had both Covid vaccine doses in Suffolk
- 9 Heavy rain expected in Suffolk over the weekend
- 10 Ed Sheeran to end break from music with performance at Big Weekend
If these photos bring back memories, email email@example.com
To order photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.