Do you remember Saturday morning pictures in Suffolk?
- Credit: John Kerr/Archant
Cinemas have changed massively over the years, from single screens to multiplexes.
As film fans wait for cinemas to reopen after lockdown, today we are looking back at some of the area's much-loved venues in years gone by.
Were you a regular at the Saturday morning pictures as a child?
Various local cinemas not only showed films, but also had club activities for the youngsters who attended.
The ABC in Ipswich is one of the popular cinemas featured in our Days Gone By gallery.
You may also want to watch:
Originally built as the Ritz cinema in 1937, it was in the Buttermarket and was renamed as the ABC in 1962. It closed in 1986 and was demolished a couple of years later.
What films did you enjoy seeing at the ABC and the other cinemas featured here?
If these photos bring back memories, email email@example.com
You can order photos via our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 2 Suspected drug dealer arrested on 18th birthday
- 3 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 4 London man, 29, charged with drug offences in Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Police hunt for man who failed to attend court
- 6 Thieves steal mobility scooter from elderly man in his 90s
- 7 Election 2021: All you need to know about Police and Crime Commissioner polls
- 8 1 in 3 have now had both Covid vaccine doses in Suffolk
- 9 Heavy rain expected in Suffolk over the weekend
- 10 Ed Sheeran to end break from music with performance at Big Weekend