Do you remember Saturday morning pictures in Suffolk?
- Credit: John Kerr/Archant
Cinemas have changed massively over the years, from single screens to multiplexes.
As film fans wait for cinemas to reopen after lockdown, today we are looking back at some of the area's much-loved venues in years gone by.
Were you a regular at the Saturday morning pictures as a child?
Various local cinemas not only showed films, but also had club activities for the youngsters who attended.
The ABC in Ipswich is one of the popular cinemas featured in our Days Gone By gallery.
You may also want to watch:
Originally built as the Ritz cinema in 1937, it was in the Buttermarket and was renamed as the ABC in 1962. It closed in 1986 and was demolished a couple of years later.
What films did you enjoy seeing at the ABC and the other cinemas featured here?
If these photos bring back memories, email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can order photos via our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Glitzy red carpet event to help cinema with refurb
- 3 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
- 4 Invitation-only for booster jabs this autumn and winter
- 5 'Cough! Cough! Turn your engine off!' - action over vehicle idling
- 6 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 9 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 10 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks