Blooming marvels – remembering flower shows around Suffolk
- Credit: John Kerr/Archant
Flower shows are among East Anglia’s most popular events – celebrating our area’s rich horticultural heritage.
Today, we are looking back at some of Suffolk’s floral events over the years - with all kinds of colourful blooms taking centre stage, together with prize fruit and veg.
Benhall, near Saxmundham, has regularly staged a popular flower show and fete over the years.
The first-ever Benhall and Sternfield Memorial Flower Show was held in 1946, welcoming home members of the Armed Forces.
The event was cancelled last year because of Covid-19, but hopes to mark its 75th anniversary this summer.
You may also want to watch:
Also featured in our Days Gone By gallery are Felixstowe’s Fuchsia Show and events in Ipswich, Grundisburgh and Knodishall.
Do these photos bring back memories? Email email@example.com
To order photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 2 Suspected drug dealer arrested on 18th birthday
- 3 London man, 29, charged with drug offences in Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Police hunt for man who failed to attend court
- 5 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 6 Thieves steal mobility scooter from elderly man in his 90s
- 7 Election 2021: All you need to know about Police and Crime Commissioner polls
- 8 1 in 3 have now had both Covid vaccine doses in Suffolk
- 9 Heavy rain expected in Suffolk over the weekend
- 10 Bid for solar panels on extension of 500-year-old thatched cottage rejected