All the fun of the carnival - are you in our photos?
- Credit: Archant
Have you ever ridden on a carnival float, won a prize at a sideshow or marched in a parade?
Today we are looking back at colourful carnivals around the area over the years.
Our photos recall popular community events from the 1970s through to the early 2000s.
Sadly, many carnivals have had to be cancelled over the last year, along with so many other events, due to coronavirus.
But hopes are high that people will soon be able to get back on the floats again to take part in more celebrations and processions around the area.
You may also want to watch:
Do you recognise any familiar faces in these photos from carnivals including those in Aldeburgh, Felixstowe, Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds and other towns?
If these photos bring back memories, email email@example.com
To order copies of photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Public services hub and leisure centre, costing up to £132m, to happen in phases
- 3 Man found guilty of importing child-like sex doll from Hong Kong
- 4 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 5 8 things to do in Suffolk this weekend despite the weather
- 6 Teenager arrested in connection with Bury St Edmunds stabbing
- 7 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 8 Heart-warming donation left in memory of baby boy Noah
- 9 Suffolk Covid rates rising but 'little or no increase' in hospital admissions
- 10 Lloyds announces closure of Suffolk branch leaving town with just one bank